Friday, August 26, 2011

Wall Cherub

I love going to Savers and seeing what I can find. I love doing "make overs" on EVERYTHING! This week I found a ugly gold cherub that had a lot of potential.  I still needed something to add to my bathroom where my flowers are on the wall.  So, I bought it for $5.00.


 What I love most about this Cherub is there is a place to put flowers on the top!

Here is a close up of it's face. I think it is so beautiful.
I was not sure what I wanted to do at first. I finally decided on spray painting it black with a little pink on top. Here is how it turned out.
I added some red, white, and pink flowers on top to match the other flowers on the wall. I am still not sure it is the exact pink I want, but I am still happy with how it turned out! I might go back a little later and do more of a baby pink.

Here is a closer look. I'm sorry the picture isn't any better. I do not have the best camera.

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I would have never thought of that. If you get a chance I would love you to link your cherub up to More the Merrier Monday. It lasts through Wednesday so you have plenty of time to stop by. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete